Gulf Coast Aviation is proud to announce that we are now officially a Flight Training Affiliate of Liberty University School of Aeronautics. Students will now have the option to work on their Bachelor of Science Degree online while receiving flight training with us.
Benefits of the FTA Program
Restricted Airline Transport Pilot (R-ATP) Program
Liberty University School of Aeronautics has been approved to offer the Restricted ATP (R-ATP) program. Liberty University graduates of the online Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics or Bachelor of Science in Aviation may be eligible for the R-ATP certificate at 1,250 hours total flight time provided they completed both their Instrument Flight training and certification and Commercial Pilot Flight training and certification through Liberty University at one of our approved Flight Training Affiliate locations, while enrolled in the associated AVIA courses. Eligibility requires graduation with a Liberty University B.S. Aeronautics or B.S. Aviation degree and fulfillment of all FAA mandated R-ATP requirements.
High School Early/Dual Enrollment
High School juniors and seniors who live close to one of our Flight Training Affiliates can now earn college credit while they earn their private pilot certificate through the Liberty University Online Academy.
- Liberty University is a proud participant in the Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Scholarship program. Through this partnership with the Department of Veterans Affairs, students with 100% eligibility under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® can receive additional funding from Liberty University and the Department of Veterans Affairs to cover any tuition and fees exceeding the Post-9/11 annual limit. For many students, this scholarship allows 100% of all tuition and fees to be covered with no out-of-pocket expense.
- In the 2016-2017 academic year, the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship has been changed for students within the School of Aeronautics (SOA). Liberty University will contribute up to $7,500 in Yellow Ribbon per year for online SOA students. The Department of Veterans Affairs will match the amount awarded by Liberty University, for a combined scholarship that covers up to 100% of the student’s remaining tuition and fees. When combined with the VA’s portion, the total Yellow Ribbon amount available is $15,000 for online SOA students, over and above the $21,970.46 Post-9/11 GI Bill® annual cap.
- The Veterans Administration Post-9/11 GI Bill® program entitles veterans, their spouses, or their dependent children the opportunity to be awarded up to 100 percent of their educational expenses, including a housing stipend.
Students using Pilot Finance have a dropout rate of 8-12% opposed to the national dropout rate of 70%, as provided by the FAA.
Although part-time private pilot or instrument are most common, other programs are acceptable as long as they are within the guidelines:
- 1-5 lessons per week
- 18 months – 72 months of financing
- 45 hours of aircraft rental minimum (25-45 hours on exception basis)
- Interest Rates: 12-18%
- No Prepayment Penalty
- Approval Response within 24 Business Hours